diver.net

Re: Re: Poncho, Don't you mean...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick on April 11, 2007 at 13:05:27:

In Reply to: Re: Poncho, Don't you mean... posted by Poncho on April 11, 2007 at 11:55:22:

Really, Pancho, I have no problem with spending money, it's just that I have a problem getting shaken down by damn near every slimy, corrupt, bureaucrat in a system overloaded with bureaucrats.

On the other hand some of the fishermen and water people I contacted over the years were warm, generous people who even when they went out of their way to assist me or other travelers with something, would vehemently refuse to take payment (though we would always show our appreciation, sometimes on the next trip, with new gear, tools, clothes or books and toys for their kids). So I know that most of the population is of good character. It's just too bad that most of the Mexicans that visitors meet first are such unscrupulous crooks.

Instead of supporting the "bite", Pancho, you should work on getting the Mexican government to hire honest bureaucrats as their customs reps. Oh, wait. Is “honest bureaucrat” an oxymoron?

Adios :)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.