Buddy(ies): Jimmy – The Bagmanm and Angelique
Time: 9:46 am.
Bottom Time: 58 Min
Max Depth: 46 fsw
Vis: 3-8 feet
Wave height: 2-4 feet
Temp at depth: 52F
Surface Temp: 62F

I met up with I met up with Jimmy and Angelique this morning at OML. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. The only negative were the size of the swells coming in. I did not even bother to look at the point because on the way in driving along the coast, Lunada Bay and Cardiac Hill were looking pretty big. The cove on the other hand was looking VERY do-able. The waves were only 2-4 feet but one must be very careful with rocky beach entries no matter how big the waves are.

Entry at Cobble beach was a piece of cake. We kicked out and dropped down past the rock point. The visibility was pretty horrible. The particles in the water that were kicked up from the swell killed the visibility. We headed in our normal 120 direction to see who would be out and about today.

Because of the vis, I shot only macro pictures today. With the help of Angelique’s light I was able to get a few pretty interesting shots. The one thing I did notice today was that many of the Feather Duster Worms were not disappearing as fast as they usually do when you get close to them. I assume that this has something to do with the particles in the water and feeding. I could be wrong but hey, that’s all I could come up with……lol

On the way in, we decided to cruise into the kelp forest for a nice change of pace. The surge was pretty strong but the vis got much better. We ended up have a short but fun stay.

As we were rounding the rocks we looked back and saw a couple of Harbor Seals checking us out. I guess they decided not to mess with us today.

Below are some highlights from the dive:

Brown Cup Coral

Cuthona Divae 1 (Never saw one at the 120 Reef before)

Cuthona Divae 2 (Never saw one at the 120 Reef before)

Feather Duster Worm

Giant Keyhole Limpet

Can you see this little Flat Worm?

Sea Cucumber

Warty Sea Cucumber

Spanish Shawl

Spanish Shawl Eating

Red Sponge

Green Anemone

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail: