diver.net

It happened, just the way he said

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on May 01, 2007 at 06:07:02:

In Reply to: Dive report 4/28, Palos Verdes, with Ross, Elaine, Claudette posted by Roger on April 30, 2007 at 23:55:49:

I didn't want to get into the water. It looked too cold and too wet. The thought of hungry sharks just outside the limit of low visibility was daunting. Forgetting to reinstall my dry suit inflater hose was a great excuse to stay on the boat.

"What the heck happened to you"? "What did Clipperton Island do to Elaine"? "I've never seen you like this"? "We want our Elaine back". Comments that echoed like the fog horn.

When they were going to steal my tanks to get in an extra dive in the icky cold green water I passed their insanity off as being related to the toxins of the algae bloom. It didn't get really scary until.....

"I'm getting hungry, we can have a BBQ - lets cook Elaine." It sounded amusing until they were eyeing me discussing the salt, pepper, mustard and ketchup. "Get back in the local water Elaine and we won't eat you for dinner, we will be your friends again."

Yikes, I guess the memories of hump back whales, manta rays, silky sharks and 10 foot hammerheads, colorful reef fish, healthy coral, warm water, and 100 foot visibility will have to be stored away in memory. Back to cold and wet, green and macro........ Can I learn to love it again?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to