diver.net

Show some respect!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sarah on May 02, 2007 at 21:17:49:

In Reply to: 90% of these are inside jobs. Did you check your deputies? posted by ninety on May 02, 2007 at 18:46:58:

While I will try to write off the offensive posts as sarcastic gallows humor, the original post is not from some character complaining their radar gun revenue generators were stolen.

These are the guys who would dive in sewage to retrieve that murder weapon to convict that cretin who killed your family member, these are the guys who would dive in dangerous uptake pipelines to try to bring closure to the grieving survivors. There is a reason they need full drysuits, occluding facemasks and comm gear-they are diving in extremely hazardous conditions for all of us, and they deserve our utmost respect and support.

I would encourage everyone who is a member of multiple scuba discussion boards to post the entire stolen gear list and to be on the lookout and show what we divers think of these fine men and women who dive in some of the most dangerous, revolting and heart wrenching conditions imaginable.

I would also encourage the well intentioned to NOT post publically here their ideas on how to locate the equipment. Send it privately to the e-mail address in the post or call and do not telegraph strategy or the equipment might get holed up forever as not fencible, defeating the purpose.

Maybe us and the Bay area dive community in conjunction with the well connected corporate types can put our heads together and see what we can do to get corporations in S.M. or elsewhere to replace the gear.

We're all better then some of the replies.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to