diver.net

Review of Tom, Todd & Elaine

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sarah on May 23, 2007 at 21:13:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: .Also not up front about who runs it/ or owns it posted by TomC on May 23, 2007 at 17:13:00:

I just had to use that parody post title.....

Oh, all the above disinformation is most amusing to me. This stuff is publicity made in heaven, you know how much it costs to get that type of exposure?!

I am not going to expose and dismantle all the players and their jealousy driven propaganda on Chris’ board since he’s been welcoming & a civil gentleman unlike some of the bullies here.

But for those of you who watch Jerry Springer more than discuss diving, I won't leave you completely empty handed without me replying to some of the above, but for the rest, you'll have to e-mail me.

A few of the images they claim we stole were photos from the London International Dive Show website. This stolen image claim has been reposted and linked all over the Internet. I still have the images in our Gallery. Then they got all their co-admins and mod friends and bombarded LIDS management with the claim we stole the images. What the administrator of the competing dive discussion website conveniently omitted was the LIDS site has a media section with press images and they give permission for their use right on the site.

Then there was the repeated conspiracy to commit criminal computer trespass and the repeated criminal computer trespass when a person repeatedly hacked our board. Is it just me or is it some strange coincidence that the hacker had a location 1 block away from the administrator of the same competing dive discussion board?

Then there is the claim that we've been kicked off Flickr for spamming. Then why do we have a current PRO account there? And why are THEIR multiple spam posts selling dive trips on Flickr being removed? Oops!

Then were the episodes where admins of other sites were caught red handed PMing our members to come over to their forum, then when they got caught they posted on their forums we were doing that. I guess the adage that the best defense is a good offense is true!

Next ask the competing site admin who claims we stole images if they have permission to use the copyrighted and trademarked image owned by DC Comics. No? Ooops!

Just today one of our members forwarded an e-mail to our publisher from a person within the e-mail claiming all the above nonsense and asking our member to sign off. Is it just me or was it a coincidence that it was sent with no name through an anonymous proxy remailer?

As to private domain registrations, this is a legal paid service Yahoo and most other firms offer. While most employ it for privacy, others shrewdly employ it by exploiting the fact that jealous competitors and congenital conspiracy theory fanatics will rank the intended victim up higher n the SEO ladder. Some of my favs so far are we were started by CDN, and we even heard one where it was stated as fact we were started by MLK since we are quite DIR friendly. The reality is who the founder of our board is is not as fun to caucus over compared to the eccentricities from the conspiracy gang.

And in spite of the claims we’re an SB clone, the reality is no other dive related board has the combination of user features that we do which I won’t evidence since the haters will say it’s promotional and I will respect Chris' interpretation.

Considering we don’t have nude girlie pix on our forum and the closest you'll get to that is the topless athletic teen Yapese girl in traditional grass skirt garb in a dive location review, our free membership #’s for being open only 5 months are great, and we owe much of that to the bullies like above who we hope never stop and never let threads like this and elsewhere die out, which is why I am under instruction not to counter too much of their disinformation lest the tea kettle be exposed as calling the pot black and all publicity dies down, so any more disinformation, I won't read or respond to.

:)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.