Buddy(ies): Angelique and David
Time: 9:54 am.
Bottom Time: 60 Min
Max Depth: 28 fsw
Vis: 10-15 feet!!
Wave height: 1 feet
Temp at depth: 61F @ 10-15 & 55F @28
Surface Temp: 66F

It’s time for a change of pace and with little swell, I figured we should try out Malaga. When we arrived, we noticed the tide was still low but the waves were almost non existent. Our plan was to head out to the left of the beach club hit the end of the reef and then work our way back.

Since the tide was low, it was kind of difficult making our way across the inside zone but all went well. We finned out and dropped down to about 10 feet and started to make our way through the thick kelp. The visibility today was pretty good and the water temp was a balmy 61 in the shallows.

We saw a ton of Horn Sharks, Lobsters and Juvenile Garibaldi. It was a blast making our way through the shallow kelp forest. Two things today were pretty amazing. First we ran across a HUGE Sheep crab and then we came across the biggest Bat Ray I have ever seen in my life. The Kellet’s Whelks were out in force today laying eggs everywhere. On the way back in, we ran into a group of 3 Shovelnose Guitarfish but they would not keep still enough for me to take a picture. We all thought it was funny that after diving for 1 hour with our 80’s that we all came back with over 1,000 psi

Below are some highlights from the dive:

Lake Pacifica

Horn Shark

Lobster

What is this??

Juvi G

Ida’s Miter

Laying Eggs

Egg’s Covered This Rock

HUGE Bat Ray

Giant Sheep Crab

Photobucket Pictures