diver.net

Re: my issues with the Great Escape

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg M on May 26, 2007 at 20:57:38:

In Reply to: Re: Great Escape posted by Captain Tim Burke on May 24, 2007 at 22:47:26:

My biggest complain with the Great escape is the food. I always gain weight on the trips, maybe it’s the hot brownies with ice cream on the way in…or maybe it was the full on roast turkey (a bit over the top) out at Cortes bank with stuffing, real mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries, pumpkin and apple pie… now I have my own boat…turkey sandwiches with motts apple sauce and no Cortes bank and warm showers…WTF? Sure, it’s only three guys per one john, but is that any conciliation for eating cold food and driving the boat all night…and why didn’t I ever think about the dreaded anchor watch!?!?!

I also remember my first multi day trip on the GE where I did 12 dives in 14 hours…excessive yes, full limits on bugs yes too.

The more I learn, the more I realize Tim is one hell of a captain, and the more I wonder why I bought my own boat! What we take for granted….

For Sale…25’ skippy all tricked out with new out drive, diesel, all electronics, new windlass with a claw and 25’ feet of new 5/16” chain, bait tank, cleaning board, new eisenglass and bimini, custom dive ladder, but no gas oven and no hot fudge brownies.

Tim….you should have told me about this!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to