diver.net

Re: Re: The “Evil Empire” has risen from the ashes. Or SportChaletGate.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flipper on June 25, 2007 at 15:13:19:

In Reply to: Re: The “Evil Empire” has risen from the ashes. Or SportChaletGate. posted by Sport Chalet Diver on June 25, 2007 at 13:26:33:

I think it's best you and the other employees who work in the scuba department at Sport Chalet start looking for new jobs, or transfer back to the show department.

So this all sounds like Sport Chalet is in the process of eliminating their whole scuba department. Think about it. Sport Chalet sounds like they can't afford to charter boats anymore. If their beef was with one boat I can understand them feeling overcharged. That said it does sound like they are cancelling a good number of their charters with well established, well run boats. Is Sport Chalet doesn't charter any boats from here forward, or severely limits the dive trip spots available to the boats they do take out, then Sport Chalet is no longer looking out for their already certified divers, only having boat space for their students. There is no reason for the intermediate or advanced diver to do business with Sport Chalet. With no one beyond student taking their trips out, no future gear upgrades could be sold. PADI would have a problem with that.

Anywho, what is a Chris Robinson anyway? How many Sport Chalet boat trips has he been on? I've been on hundreds of Sport Chalet trips from SB to SD. I can never remember seeing or hearing a rep named Chris Robinson from Sport Chalet being on any of them. He might be the one who make the decision as to which boats to charter, but I don't think he is using experience and logical reasoning to come to his decision to cancel three of the very best dive boats in all of CA. But perhaps he's just doing what he's told by the higher ups at Sport Chalet. If that's the case, their future in the sport of scuba diving is going by way of the do-do.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to