diver.net

Fingers crossed for a happy outcome

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on June 25, 2007 at 21:06:53:

In Reply to: Evil Empire or "SportsGate" continues posted by Sea Woodward@WashingtonPost.com on June 25, 2007 at 18:23:35:

I hope Sport Chalet "makes right". Our dive boats are one of the most valuable resources that we have available to us as divers in Southern California. I look back at my "Trip Reports and Photos" from 2005 - I did 41 of them that year - and if we didn't have some of the best diving value and reasonably priced boats in the world - it wouldn't have been possible for me to spend a year doing so much time in the water.

It makes me very angry that one corporation would try and use the leverage of their size to disrupt the wonderful opportunities and variety that we as divers are blessed with. My "Trip Reports and Photos" would never have contained the variety and richness of experience that they have, if one large Dive Store had moved in and upset the entire economic balance that exists in our community.

I sincerely hope that somebody at Sport Chalet really does "care" and rights the recent upsets before any permanent damage to our precious dive boat resources occurs. I do plan to do a "Report" - probably no photos - on any damaging fall out that occurs to our dive boats. I think it needs to be documented as the history of Southern California diving will change and it will be a very sad loss forever.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to