diver.net

Great Explorer - 7/7/2007

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I_AM on July 10, 2007 at 21:21:37:

Hi,
last Saturday I did my first day trip on the Great Explorer (and my first "real" boat dive since my certifications in '99 and '05).

First dive was at Bird Rock.
Finally I had the possibility to dive - for real - this beautiful site. The south east wall is magnificent! And I saw only a tiny piece of it.
This site is quite big and if you really want to explore it all you will probably need about 100 dives ..... believe me ... I can demonstrate it.
Dr. Bill was diving there too .... or at least I think he was there since the King Neptune was there too.

Then we moved south to Yellowtail point (I think) and we did 2 dives there.
Beautiful kelp forest in the ~30 - ~40ft range. I wanted to tie the hammock to 2 giant kelp trees and stay there .... forever. I need to find a way to smoke a cigar underwater .... and read a book too.

Lunch was good, service was exceptional. Only minor issue are the "short fills" (only 2800 for my HP100) ... but I understand the situation and I do not complain too much; a day away from computer, phone, Internet, work, responsibilities ..... priceless! Actually I suggested Captain Tim to increase the price .....

Captain Tim is a nice man. On the way back he invited me up to the pilot cabin (maybe because of the Tiramisu?) and we chatted like old friends. I felt at home. Right There, Right Then!

Definitely worth it. And I will be back (as soon as I can get away from computer, phone, Internet, work, responsibilities .....) with an hammock, a cigar and a nice book.

Regards,

I_AM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to