Buddy(ies): Scott
Time: 8:57 pm.
Bottom Time: 1 hr 30 Min
Max Depth: 93 fsw
Vis: 10-15 ft
Wave height: 1-2 feet
Temp at depth: 58F
Surface Temp: 67F

What a great dive last night! The wind was up slightly and there was a little rain but the waves were tiny.

Scott and I met up around 8:15 and the parking lot once again was packed. We geared up and headed out to the middle stairs. Entry was a piece of cake so we finned out almost to the end of the pier and dropped down into excellent visibility. After we gathered our bearing we ran right into a nice sized thorn back ray. After a few pictures, we headed out to the canyon.

When we made our way down, we noticed that the visibility at around 95 feet was just OK. It seemed that the bottom was getting mucked up more then normal which made it kind of hard to focus and get a good picture on the subjects we found. I think out of eighty pictures, only a handful came out OK.

With only a minute of non deco left, we started to make our way up the canyon. There was a ton of critter out last night. On my report last week, I mentioned that the dive was a bit bland but this time it was the complete opposite. We found a few very curious Juvenile Giant Kelpfish and a couple of Fringe Heads out in the open. We saw a few nudis but they were very small.

As we were hanging out at about 30-40 feet for a long time taking pictures it seemed like everything was coming to us. At one point a nice sized lobster came by to check us out (see video).

I can’t wait to see the pictures Scott took. Overall, we had a great dive so get out while the visibility is still great!

Below are some highlights from the dive:

Check out this video of Scott chasing a lobster:
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/LLKZ16/Vets%2072207/?action=view¤t=TBR72207.jpg

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to