diver.net

Re: Sport Chalet

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg M on August 03, 2007 at 17:24:54:

In Reply to: Sport Chalet posted by Captain Tim Burke on August 01, 2007 at 21:47:03:

Tim, listen to them if they want to make a deal. Sport Chalet trains a lot of divers and they also have put a lot of divers into the water. There is a place for them in SoCal like it or not. I had my daughter take a class from them and the instruction was much better than I received from a local highly acclaimed dive shop. The same dive shop refuses to price any item in the store and always wanted to charge me list plus because they thought I could afford it…I have never visited the store(s) since my check out dive. The gear they rented me was atrocious. It was dirty, broken, and the wrong size…it sucked big time!

Yes, sport chalet is the big conglomerate, but they got that way by out negotiating their smaller local competitors. I am not saying I agree with their tactics or quality of gear sold, I am saying they are a way to make money, and they train a lot more divers and are a lot more palatable to the masses than someone who thinks an overhead wreck dive with reels and spare tanks is what we all want to do on Sunday afternoon

Sport Chalets mass approach is good for the SoCal dive boat owners as it increases your pool of potential clients…and Tim, you have the best boat, best dive spots, anchoring techniques, and food, so let them do the heavy lifting for you and keep the negotiations private to allow them to save face.

Just let it go and take the cash…its business not marriage. If it was marriage they would have taken half your boat when they left!!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to