diver.net

Wagons Ho! Boys with toys invade Marineland

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on August 05, 2007 at 15:20:49:

It was a fun day to be at Marineland, even without the great dive. The parking lot was a circle of wagons. I brought the Bottomtime Buggy out for a test run, as did Don Robarge and Victor Morita. Don's has an electric motor, so he pulled the train along.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The dive itself was amazing. The water was a warm 67F and with visibility a pleasant fifteen feet we were able to find lots of critters. I spotted a Zebra goby who allowed me to take eight shots of him. My strobe wasn't firing most of the time, so I didn't get any good shots. I later realized the dessicant packs in the housing were blocking the flash.
We found plenty of Rockpool blennies, including a couple in the same hole. We found two Garibaldi nests, one of which was full of eggs.
Merry and I spent a lot of time barely moving, and despite swimming about 1/4 mile underwater we had a 96 minute dive and came back with lots of air. I had about 1000psi while Merry still had 1350. Today was her longest dive, and we could have made it a two hour dive if we had wanted to. She attributes it to her new Eric Sedletzky Freedom Plate. She glides through the water and I can't keep up with her on the surface. We call it her racing plate.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black