diver.net

GBR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ptf on August 06, 2007 at 10:01:15:

In Reply to: Recomendations for Great Barrier Reef? posted by JRM on August 03, 2007 at 18:56:08:

I hopped the Nimrod back in the early early 90's I think I put in dive number 15-30 there. Most the folks thought I had been diving for a few years. Told them nope, got my feet wet in south california where we have monster waves, zero viz and sometimes a bit of current, not this bathwater where visibility is off the charts.

Our cook did time at the Waldorf Astoria, everyone wanted to marry her. After the first dive it was somewhat a hands off operation. If you wanted to go with a DM fine otherwise it was pair up and get off the boat. Typical schedule, get up piss, dive, eat breakfast dive, eat a snack dive, have lunch dive, eat some dinner dive, have a night time snack. They generally moved the boat at night for a long trip and then if conditions warranted moved it once or twice during the day.

A one week trip required a flight either at the beginning of the trip or the end. At that time they were going from Lizard Island to Townsville.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to