diver.net

Re: La Paz

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on August 09, 2007 at 17:57:00:

In Reply to: La Paz posted by tleemay on August 08, 2007 at 19:55:58:

Hey Terry –

Another vote for La Concha and The Cortez Club. I’ve used them a number of times. I really found them to be the most enjoyable overall. The hotel is clean, but not spectacular. I prefer to be a little ways outside of town because it’s not as noisy and you have a beach (not a great one, but still a beach). However, if you stay all the way out at Cantamar, it’s too far to get into town for dinner at night – and their food options are limited there. La Concha actually has a decent restaurant of its own if you’re too tired to go anywhere. The upside of Cantamar is that it is much closer to the really great deserted beaches – although you’d still need a car to get to them. Cantamar is also much closer to the majority of the dive sites, but you’ll get there quicker with Cortez because most of Cantamar’s diving is done off of slow, old, round-bottomed, smokey, boats (they say they’ve upgraded their fleet, but I’ve never seen it). If you stay at La Concha, they’ll store / rinse your gear, the dive boat is a 2 min walk from your room – and you pass through a great little outdoor bar along the way (which is convenient on the way back from the boats). But do plan on renting a car and taking your non-diving wife out to some of the off-road beaches. Quite honestly, La Paz doesn’t have much to offer in the way of snorkeling off the mainland shore – but there are some really great beaches; and some decent restaurants.

Good luck,

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to