diver.net

Re: Morro Bay Dive - Ships to reefs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry on August 23, 2007 at 15:37:18:

In Reply to: Morro Bay Dive - Ships to reefs posted by B. Xavier on August 22, 2007 at 21:13:01:

Hey Brian-Long time no talk. Have you heard from Blair? I hear he is a real estate agent in Belize now.

As much as i would like to see a artificial reef in Morro Bay i dont think it would be a big hit due to poor visibility and conditions. The good part, Morro Bay is 1.5 hrs from me instead of 2.5 -3 hrs like monterey.

Like Brian I have done many dives on the central coast including Shell beach, Port of San Luis, Montana De Oro, Cambria, Morro Bay(inside the bay), etc.

Majority of those dives consisted of very poor visibility and top side conditions. Dont get me wrong as there were a handful of great dives on good days that easily rivaled monterey on a good day. The hard part for us out of towners is trying to time those "right days".

I dont dive near as often as i would like and wish the central coast offered better diving since its much closer to where i live. There is very little shore diving and need a boat or kayak to get a ways to enjoy any type of visibility.

There used to be or still is a small group(not larry's dive shop) out of morro bay that dive off of a boat and have found some decent dive spots in morro bay from what i have been told.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to