diver.net

san clemente / catalina photos & report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scottfiji on September 09, 2007 at 10:24:23:

redondo beach on sept. 1st was an excellent night dive, with a number of beautiful macro subjects..I love how the life here changes every few months...

baby white sea bass

juvenile queenfish

complete set of photos from vets park sept. 1st:

Penny and I stayed overnight in Avalon aug 30th for her birthday. we did 6 dives in the dive park, and had great conditions, although each a day a ripping current come out of nowhere around lunch time, and vis went down. early mornings and late afternoons were gorgeous.

spent alot of time looking for GSB, with only 1 brief sighting. we usually spend the end of each dive looking for kelpfish, which always resulted in success. (contact me if you ever want a kelpfish-filled day at the dive park). we also saw salema, zebraperch, and many many calicos. it was a nice trip! we stayed at the seaport village inn, we really liked it there.

golden kelpfish plays beekaboo

spotted kelpfish, in front of the swim steps

baby garibaldi

complete gallery of photos from our catalina dive park trip

san clemente:

I took my 1st trip to san clemente sep 5th, not counting a failed horizon trip a couple of years ago. san clemente doesn't have the invertebrate life of anacapa, marineland or san diego, but the kelp, structure, and vis is better and more beautiful than catalina. swells kept us to the SE corner of the island. morays, rainbow scorpionfish, and scythe butterfly fish are more common here. most of our boat saw soupfin sharks on our last dive at little flower, the best dive site of the 3 dives we did.

jack mackeral coming at me...

jack mackeral from below..

baby senoritas

complete set of photos from san clemente (soupfin shark, barracuda, peltodoris mulleneri, etc.), and detailed dive site descriptions

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to