diver.net

And over in Palos Verdes ...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank O on September 24, 2007 at 20:36:20:

In Reply to: Dive Report - 09/23/07 - LA Harbor - Wrecks & Nudies posted by Patrick on September 24, 2007 at 16:47:30:

Conditions were fairly similar up the road a little off central Palos Verdes. It was sunny with dead-flat seas and just a slight breeze en route to our first spot near Pt. Vicente. Vis was around 20 feet and the temp 63 degrees F at 65 feet. Marine life included a juvenile and an adult sunflower star, an octopus, a ling or two and a lot of bottom-hugging bass.

On the second dive, in young kelp on the outside of Paddleboard/Bluff Cove, the vis was upwards of 30 feet in spots and the temp an identical 63 F. This dive was memorable for what I can only describe as _clouds_ of baby senoritas in the kelp -- none of us had ever seen anything similar.

As for pictures, my excuse was that I was trying a seldom-used lens (60mm) and infrequent mode (autofocus -- I prefer to focus manually). Keepers were accordingly in short supply. :-\

We heard a report on channel 16 of yet another dead whale. I have to wonder if this is related to the Navy's recent resumption of sonar exercises in So Cal ...

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to