diver.net

Vet's/Redondo Canyon 10/7/07

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Coleman on October 09, 2007 at 19:05:25:

My wife Susie and I dove the canyon on Sunday morning October 7th. We started our dive at about 11:30am. I understand that winds came up in the afternoon, but the morning was beautiful with light winds. It was also warm and sunny with the ocean lightly rippled. The surf was about 1-3 and the entry was very easy as the waves didn’t pack any punch. There was lots of trash in the water on the swim out, probably as a result of the winds the previous days. On the surface the vis didn’t look that promising, but cleared up nicely in the canyon. I would estimate 20 -30 foot vis at 75 feet. The water was also little chilly - my dive watch recorded 51 degrees as the min temperature. Heres a few images from the dive:

This guy had a couple of “hitchhikers”

You see quite of few of these in the canyon, about 2” long, to me it looks like a juvenile halibut:

I would have liked to got closer but he bolted as I was easing in for the shot…

Here’s an octopus with his “booty”:

As we moved north across the canyon we came across an area blanketed by countless hermet crabs:

Another Hermet Crab:

A canyon anemone:

This little guy was found in the shallows on the way in.

Same fish, but giving me the evil eye:

One of Susie’s shots, she found this eel, but kept it to herself – critter hog! :-)

Another Susie shot, a cool snail:

This is from last weeks dive, I tried to post in my previous report, but it failed. I like how the orange on his lip matches the orange on the shell:

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to