diver.net

Re: diveboat protocol question

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gonphishing on October 25, 2007 at 18:05:20:

In Reply to: diveboat protocol question posted by Karen on October 24, 2007 at 20:12:10:

I had an interesting encounter last week with dive boat reservations. I was booked on a 2 day trip on a boat. and thought I would find a day charter and make 3 days out of it. so I called @ and looked up the dive boat web page and found only a few boat going out for day trips. I booked with a boat out of Oxnard. and they took my reservation. 2 days later I get a call from the boat. confirming my reservation. I thought it was unusual. I never have gotten a call like that. so I pushed for more info. well they were thinking of scratching the trip. needless to say it took some persuasion to get this info.. I was told I would be notified in 24 hrs if this was the case. 48 hrs later I called the boat.. and they booked a charter for a party instead.. humm. I wish I knew this before so I could make other plans as well as a back up..think Ill stay with the real dive boats for now on. especially because I drive 7-9 hrs to get there. sure I have been turned away because of conditions before... I just kind of felt misled..

why do you ask.. keren

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.