Buddy(ies): Kyle and Josh
Time: 9:41 am.
Bottom Time: 1 Hr 8 Min
Max Depth: 39 fsw
Vis: 8-10 feet
Wave height: 2 ft
Temp at depth: 57 F
Surface Temp: 65F

Angelique, Dana, Josh, Kyle and I met up on Sunday morning to give White’s Point another go. The parking lot attendants were not there and when we tried to use the machines, we found that they were all broken. Thankfully, the attendants showed up shortly after we arrived so we were able to get out parking passes.

The sea looked glassy but there was also a little surge that was evident from the surface. Kayak fishermen were working their way out and there was a boat out at the point with 2 divers entering the water so everything looked like a go. Our plan was to walk to the point and enter on the other side. We all gabbed for a while and then geared up and started our walk. As we were coming over the hump we saw a bikini photo shoot going on right in front of us. NICE!!!. It’s kind of funny because the model was standing exactly where I like to enter. They moved for our group without any issues…..lol The entry was slightly changed this time. I usually go out in a more direct path threw the rocks but since the tide was low, we had to go out around the rocks. We decided to kick out to the kelp and start from there.

We split up into our groups 3 boys for one and 2 girls for the other. When we dropped down, the vis was not that great and the surge was quite evident. The kelp was a nice place to visit but the one interesting thing about this place is the mixture of rock formations and kelp. You could be going across sand, run into some rocks with kelp and then have a pretty dramatic drop off of the rock formation which turns into a wall going to the next structure. On a clear and calm day, this place would be loads of fun. On our dive the visibility was at best 10 feet but at some points it was reduced to 6 or 8.

With the surge being not as hospitable as I would have liked, photography was a bit challenging too. I did get off a couple of shots but nothing spectacular. After we all got back to our cars, we found out that Dana and Angelique saw a lot more then we did. DOH!!

Here are a few pictures:

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.