diver.net

Dive n Surf Dive Club at Long Wharf today

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on November 24, 2007 at 14:12:58:

We had the best dive at Long Wharf yet, despite the poor water conditions from earlier in the week. The waves were small and we could actually see our fins! Everyone seemed to come back with a prize today. Robert Prieto found some brass, as did I. Merry found some new shells, Carol Gross found a pottery shard and almost everyone else had at least one lump of coal. My find was a gas tank from a British Seagull outboard. It was identified quickly by Patrick Smith. It was originally painted black over the brass about fifty years ago. The amazing thing was when I opened it to dump the sand and salt water, only to find a fuel tank of gas! I'll clean it up before donating it to a worthy cause.
Merry and I spotted two decorator crabs, several nudibranchs, a navanax and dozens of hungry sandbass. One piling had an octopus in it, but the rest were home to yellow crabs.
We were serenaded by the sirens of dozens of fire trucks on their way to Malibu once again. Oh, and Carol Gross' best find...a buff, chisled lifeguard.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL: