diver.net

UW Christmas Tree Dive With Santa ***** Saturday december 15th

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry Anderson on December 06, 2007 at 09:34:34:

A personal invitation posted on a not so personal forum.

In the past six years I have enjoyed many dives and have met all types of people that share this love of the sport, the ocean, and all that comes with it.

Diving all of the time and living in Redondo Beach, I quickly became a Divemaster and work part time at Dive N’ Surf. One of my first assignments was shore support for the Christmas Tree Dive. This has been part of my holiday season every year since. I even got to play Santa a couple of years back.

Underwater, on boats, and at the beach it doesn’t matter who you most often dive with, we are all divers. I invite each and every one of you to come down to Veterans Park, Saturday Morning, December 15th and have your picture taken with Santa as you hang an ornament on an underwater Christmas Tree.

Afterwards, I will be helping with the BBQ. Bring whatever you like and I will grill it to your liking. We’ll have all of the condiments, plates, cups, and utensils.

The Redondo Beach Fire Department will come by with the hook and ladder to pick up any unwrapped toys that you may want to donate for needy families. Last year, kids got to get inside and play Fireman. Bring family. Bring friends. Bring cheer.

A big thanks to ‘Christmas Tree House’ for donating not only our underwater tree, but an additional tree to be given to a needy family.

Santa will be underwater at 9am till…..well as long as his tank lasts. I would love this to grow into an event that all of our local clubs, shops, but mainly divers take ownership of like we do on Chamber Day.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Terry Anderson

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to