diver.net

Jean Wright (Billy's mom) died Sunday night

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on December 10, 2007 at 09:08:28:

I just got off the phone with Billy who told me that his mother, Jean Wright, died last night after a very long battle (19 years) with cancer.

I went out to visit her last weekend and she was in and out of consciousness for the 90 minutes I was there. But when she was alert, she knew who you were and you could see that her mind was still there even as her body was failing her. And she was still the polite hostess. "Would you like a glass of wine, dear?" was among the last things she said to me. Jean and husband Bill always treated me like family and during the 18 years that Billy & I were business partners, our joke was that Billy was the Good Son and I was the Rotten Son.

Billy seems to be doing as well as this is something he knew was coming. Doesn't make it any easier but at least he knows that Jean's out of her pain right now. Services are pending but will be held sometime after the new year. Billy said there are some relatives who would like to come from the East coast and given the timing of the holidays, he feels it will be best to wait until after the holidays are over. We'll keep you posted on that.

In the meantime, if you'd like to call Billy, e-mail him, or send a card, here's the contact info:

E-mail - wrightdiver@roadrunner.com
Home phone - 818/487-9182
Billy's cell - 818/429-2312
Billy's home address: 4139 Shadyglade, Studio City, CA 91604

- Ken

—————————————————
Ken Kurtis
Owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
P.O. Box 11634
Beverly Hills, CA 90213
(310) 652-4990
www.reefseekers.com