diver.net

Re: Re: Opened a few days ago.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on December 10, 2007 at 19:44:56:

In Reply to: Re: Opened a few days ago. posted by Rich on December 10, 2007 at 19:29:57:

I looked at the wagons at Lowes before I bought mine. If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it will probably be too heavy. The trail is a little over 1/4 mile and a little steep in places. There are about 20-40 "regular" Marineland divers and only about five of us use wagons. I got mine during the Summer when I was sweating too much walking back up the hill in a drysuit and a steel 119. I also carry Merry's gear. The wagon is easier than wearing the gear, but it's still difficult.
I prefer to dive Marineland at low tide. There are fewer rocks in the surf zone then. It ranges from an advanced to scary site, depending on surf. It's a rocky entry and there are times when you float behind the surf zone praying not to get mangled on your exit. Check out the images from Marineland here;
The two main reefs are the 120 reef(120 degrees from the cove) and the Point. The Point is by far the best diving, but it requires am additional 1/4 mile hike and even tougher entry, or a long surface swim from the cove. I think it's worth it.
The 120 reef is a shorter swim, but it only has about 10% of the marine life you will find on the main reef.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to