Buddy(ies): Kyle
Time: 10:01 am.
Bottom Time: 1 hr 14 Min (HP80)
Max Depth: 47 fsw
Vis: 15 – 25
Wave height: 0-1 feet Lake Pacifica!!
Temp at depth: 57F
Surface Temp: 60F

Now that OML is open to the public, I needed to get in a dive there ASAP. Today was sunny but crisp. When I got to the mini lot at OML, the chain was still up and the gate was locked. YIKES!! I went over to the front of the construction site and spoke to the security guard. She was very nice and came over and unlocked everything very quickly. She even asked me if I needed to unlock the gate to get access to the construction site.

Kyle arrived and we suited up and made our way down the path to Cobble Beach. The ocean was SUPER GLASSY without any waves in the cove. It was a beautiful site to see. Off at the point, I noticed at least 4-5 large fishing boats hanging around the area. I have never seen so many at one time in the area and so close to the point. Our plan was to dive the 120 Reef so hopefully they would stay where they were.

The entry was a piece of cake. The visibility directly out in front of Cobble Beach was the best I have seen in a long time. I usually never use a snorkel but this time I wish I brought one.

We kicked out to the end of the rock point dropped and started to work our way out to the reef. First off, I noticed that there were a lot more fish there then normal. I guess with no divers for a while, they came back. The Sheepheads were numerous which is great news. The basic critters were out and about as we worked our way through the rock structures. I even saw occasionally the line that Phil laid out many months ago that took us out to the old platform. Dang, I would love to get out there again in the near future. On our way back in, we spent a lot of time in the kelp beds because there was almost no surge so why not go through the forest and check things out there.

Overall it was a FANTASTIC dive. Get out there now because the conditions are SUPER.

Below are some highlights from the dive:

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.