diver.net

thur night dive

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by halibug on December 21, 2007 at 00:27:09:

Tom, I hope you enjoyed your short time with Neptune, because he is coming back home now. Mark and I were sad you did not make it Tom, we arrived at Brooks and we had no rain, 1-3' surf and it looked pretty good. while we were swimming out, the rain began to pour down. Once on the outer reef, vis was a nice 20', and the surge was up, but not bad. We had the same problem as many other dives this season though, clean water, low surge and the bugs were not out. We hit the best reefs along the way and looked at hundreds of bugs that were packed into their holes out of reach. We did not get any legals until we hit the far south reefs. Mark got his only two legals here, and I got 3 including a 3lber. I then surfaced and swam to the shallow reefs off Cress St. When I dropped back down on the reef, I kicked a few times and came face to face with a large bug out feeding in the open. A 5.0 lb specimen. It was nice to get a big bug finally. These shallow reefs by Cress St. have some potential, Mark saw some nice bugs as well, but the surge was up. The wind and swell came way up and made the exit much more difficult.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to