Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 8:43 pm.
Bottom Time: 57 Min
Max Depth: 97 fsw
Vis: 10-15 feet
Wave height: 1-2
Temp at depth: 52F
Surface Temp: 54F

My Sunday started out with a broken Light Cannon….DOH!! For the second time, I could not unscrew the bezel but this time, it looks like either the bulb or ballast went out too. It’s on its way back to UK so I hope they can fix it without issues. So, off I went to the local dive shop to pick up the Princeton Shockwave thus putting a nice hole in my wallet.

Vets last night was pretty calm. The sky was clear and the moon was just about full. The bio luminescents in the water on the way out to the end of the pier was way cool. As soon as you move a body part, you could see the glow surrounding it. Angelique and I talked about it and we decided to make it a point to turn off our lights in the shallows on the way in.

We dropped down at the end of the pier into decent vis. As we started to move out to the canyon, we spotted a nice Comb Jelly. The vis on the way down started to deteriorate a little but not too bad. There were small patches of squid eggs but not the full force carpet that will hopefully happen soon. Of course, we spotted a few squids too. There guys have no fear and love to come up to your light to check you out.

The usual suspects were out tonight. We were hoping to run into a Torpedo Ray but that did not happen. Oh well, better luck next time. It was pretty cold too so be prepared you wet divers. One cool thing did happen though. I was able to get a nice little video of a squid laying an egg. Check it out below.

Below are some highlights from the dive:

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/LLKZ16/Vets%20122307/?action=view¤t=SquidEgg.flv

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to