diver.net

You missed it by 2 days... the ever changing coast.

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on January 03, 2008 at 09:38:35:

In Reply to: this is what it looks like on a good day posted by Chris on December 29, 2007 at 20:31:33:

12/29 and 12/30 were really windy with the rain hitting 12/29, then clearing to a sunny day on 12/30. Lots of surfers out on 7 - 10 foot swells at Arena Cove NY Eve. Arena Rock, as seen from the lighthouse, looked like the inside of a washing machine on high and Manchester SB looked like North Shore in Hawaii (a bit colder though ;-)

Then, on NY day the seas totally flattened and stayed that way to 1/2 when we left the Coast. The Pacific was a lake with only gentle laps of maybe 6 inch surf - have not seen a change like that in a day. Daytime temps were 67 with a gentle Southerly breeze. I hiked down the bluff for some shots of the tide pools with a bunch of happy seals sunning themselves onte rocks. The calm before the storm as a big one is due today or tomorrow and that section will see some real action.

Would post a picture, but its film and is being developed. Plus its a non-dive report, but I really wish I had taken my wetsuit for a snorkel - vis looked great.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to