diver.net

Deadman's Reef Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Coleman on January 05, 2008 at 20:22:52:

On Thursday night I dove Deadman’s Reef with Halibug, Mark, Tom and John. We hoped to beat the approaching storm that was due to lash Southern California. So, about 5 days after returning from the tranquil 82 degree water of Bonaire I found myself making the long surface swim in water about 30 degrees colder than my previous dive. That surface swim followed getting knocked down by a wave on the entry and trying to keep my camera from doing a face plant into the sandy bottom. When I was shivering at the end of the dive I realized that it doesn’t really get any better than this. Deadman’s Reef in Laguna is really quite spectacular. There are some big walls, drop-offs, and lots of life. The swim really isn’t that bad. I would like to have surfaced swam out a little further as I had to navigate underwater a little ways to find the best part of the reef. Consequently I didn’t shoot too many shots as I was navigating out and then back in for much of the dive while looking for new subjects. When I didn’t find much new to photograph I shot some familiar subjects. My buddies were bug hunting and Mark had the hot hand with four. Here’s some of the shots:

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to