diver.net

Reward for thermograph

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bch Divr on January 15, 2008 at 21:39:42:

I cannot locate a thermograph I planted off Corral Beach (Solstice Creek) in Malibu. I set it in September 2006, on the bottom (25 ft depth, depending on tide), 25 kick cycles due south starting from the east side of the Ex-Scalloper rock. The thermograph (a temperature recording device) is a black cylinder approximately 6 inches long and an inch in diameter.
It is attached to a sand anchor via plastic ties and insulated copper wires. There is another sand anchor located within several inches of the thermograph anchor. It lies (or did lie) on a clear sandy bottom beyond the kelp in a location I thought may not be frequented by divers. I and buddies searched for it several times since September without luck.

The thermograph has been deployed and recovered twice previously (once accidently) from the same site. If detached it would float. I offer a $50 reward for its return, dead or alive. I'd like the sand anchors, too, if possible.

The data on the thermograph will be very interesting. One reason I placed it at this site was to measure upwelling produced by Santa Ana winds. Of course, the Santa Anas this season were spectacular, though unfortunately leading to the Malibu fires.

If interested I can send you a map to the site.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Craig

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to