Buddy(ies): Dana
Time: 8:25 pm.
Bottom Time: 1 hr
Max Depth: 86 fsw
Vis: 15 feet
Wave height: 1-2
Temp at depth: 54F
Surface Temp: 58F

I met up with Dana for a leisurely Wednesday night dive. There was a decent turnout and the conditions top side were nice. There was a slight drizzle coming down but besides that, the wind and the waves were almost non existent.

The plan was to enter at the middle stairs drop at the end of the pier and make our way out to the canyon in search of squid. As we dropped down, we noticed the vis was pretty good and there was only a slight surge. As we made our way down we started to hit decent piles of squid eggs. When we hit around 70 through 80, the baskets of eggs were everywhere. The first critter we came upon was a nice fat Dirona Picta (see shots below). As we started to move south, we ran into Jake an his buddy, said hello and moved on.

Dana was diving nitrox so I started to hit my non deco first. After letting her know it was time to move up we ran into a cute little octo, a few Fringeheads and some slow moving squid that were holding eggs in their tentacles. I actually grabbed one for a bit and then let it go. I assume she did not like it one bit…lol. I think Dana got some good squid pictures so I hope she posts them soon. Dana also had a good time playing with a few crabs. One was a bit feisty and tried to get her fingers while another just wanted to sleep. I was cracking up watching her….lol

When we hit around 60-50 we started to make our way up the slope into the salad bowl. The one thing I can take away from my dive is the fact that it was VERY relaxing. Once we were in the salad bowl area I felt like I could stay there forever just cruising along checking out critters. With my 130, I had another hour of dive time after being 50 minutes into the dive. It would have been nice to stay.

Out of all of the pictures I took, many were just OK. Below are the ones that I think came out decently.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to