Re: Re: what camera?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on March 02, 2008 at 12:19:51:

In Reply to: Re: what camera? posted by David V on March 02, 2008 at 11:35:20:

If you have the Ikelite Housing you are out of luck. You must have the diffuser and lens mount bolted to the housing. Then you must use the appropriate INON lens 67mm thread or bayonet.
If you have the Cannon housing the Inon system you must use the 28AD bayonet mount lens.

The 67mm mount lens (which I use) is the most difficult to change underwater, but has the widest array of lenses available. I use an INON WA lens sometimes. But I also have an Epoque macro lens I like. Any of the available 67mm lenses will work with the 67mm mount. Only INON lenses will work with either of the bayonet mounts.

Because INON specs the 28AD mount lens for the camera I suspect the other lenses might vignette when your camera is set to the widest angle mode. The 67mm INON lens vignettes with my Olympus 5060. The 28AD lens was designed to fix that problem.

Follow Ups:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.
Text Key: