diver.net

Re: Perspective on the cost of the cards & photo cards

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on March 27, 2008 at 07:26:11:

In Reply to: Perspective on the cost of the cards posted by Jeff Shaw on March 26, 2008 at 22:03:41:

Don't joke about photo cards. National parks on land have a strict rule about pro photographers, they pay a lot to use a park, similar to the way a movie company would.

http://photoshopnews.com/2006/05/01/national-parks-to-start-charging-photographers-location-fees/

Regarding the lobster cards, it would be nice to know if they are being used for good or evil, what the real goal is. Is it just a tax? well, fine by me if the tax goes to get more officers who can police the commercials and their gill nets. Is it just going into teh general fund? scrrew it. Is the goal really data gathering, or will the data be thrown away and the money kept? OK... why? to open up more areas to commercials? to adjust regs on divers and hoop netters now that hopp netting is taking off?

There are purposes for the cards that are worth $7.90. There are many that aren't.

But now I've given F&G over $50 this year, that does kinda get into the flinch range. I no longer automatically buy my wife a license, the way I used to back when it was salt-only.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to