diver.net

Re: Diving in Aruba

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brian on April 09, 2008 at 09:46:37:

In Reply to: Diving in Aruba posted by AdamC on April 07, 2008 at 17:03:31:

My family vacations in Aruba regularly. It's a nice, quiet, relaxing island. The diving is nice, but not stellar. The reefs are pretty healthy, and any dive trip will include dives on the reefs. The island also has a decent number of wrecks for such a small island. The Antilla is a fun wreck. It also has a really interesting story -- depending on from whom you hear it. There are about 5 popularly dived wrecks. Just avoid the Pedernales. Again, fun story, but there is nothing to it and the wreck sits in 20 - 30 feet of sand and is the training site on the island.

We dive with Unique Sports of Aruba. We've used them for years and have loved them, especially after not-so great experiences with Mermaid Divers and Red Sail Sports, but if the diving with them is easy, Red Sail isn't bad, just not as good as USA. About 2 years ago, Unique Sports bought the dive operation from Pelican Watersports. I teach here in SoCal and probably have refferred about 20 people to Unique Sports and all have loved them.

I've also heard really, really good things about SE Aruba Dive & Fly. I believe they are little more expensive but that is rarely a bad thing.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to