diver.net

Chamber challenge- challenge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 01, 2008 at 21:15:25:

I just hung up with Ken Kurtis, who will be traveling early tomorrow, so given the limited amount of remaining time I thought I'd take upon myself to avail myself of this list and post a Challenge to the Chamber Challenge.

I started this challenge many years ago with the hope of inspiring others to get involved. All these years later I can't tell you how gratifying it is to see dive clubs getting involved, dive shops getting involved, divers getting involved, corporate matching programs getting involved, etc. etc.

To that end, I have always told Ken that I thought this Challenge is really a $100,000 ambition. We're growing year in and year out so in the hopes of attaining the next milestone Ken & I discussed the best way to get us this year to the $50,000 mark. We're about $8,500 short and consistent with my original goal I hereby Challenge the dive community to come up with 50% of the difference and I will match it.

Let's get this thing done and make it a $50K year. This has always been about activism so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make me pay!!!! Talk to all your friends, talk to your dive clubs, get creative: Instructors; feel free to teach a class and donate the money to the chamber, dive shops; feel free to run a sale with some of the proceeds going to the chamber. Dive clubs; feel free to run an additional raffle. You guys get the idea, let's make this happen.

Later

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.