diver.net

Re: Re: LA County Rocks, Rips and Reefs (3-R’s) Saturday May 17 Leo Carrillo 7:30 AM

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on May 17, 2008 at 17:48:30:

In Reply to: Re: LA County Rocks, Rips and Reefs (3-R’s) Saturday May 17 Leo Carrillo 7:30 AM posted by Divebum Don on May 17, 2008 at 16:46:13:

Leo was fantastic today! Good turnout - we had a lot of instructors available, including graduates of the classes of UICC 13 and 18!

We really want to include OML as soon as the access becomes consistent. I believe our last 3-R's there was 2006 (which was one of the largest turnouts, as we had the Zen Divers group join us that day). I'll never forget the surprise of one of the young ladies of that group about the water being salty (she had never been in the ocean).

Our 3-R's are the 2nd Saturday of each month from May to October (except today which was the 3rd Sat. due to a schedule conflict). We usually get 10 to 20 participants plus another 6 to 10 staff.

Yes, we're lucky to have Dave (and Rosie!) bring the marine life exhibit. This year Dave is just showing part of the collection at each site, focusing on what may be found at that location. Its still a lot of very good and entertaining information - I always learn something new from Dave.

3-R's will be at White Point Sept 13.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.