diver.net

SCUBA Huntin'?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on May 22, 2008 at 21:58:55:

I have a basic question for our community.

Do you believe that spearfishing with SCUBA gear influence's the "common" interactions between fish and divers? And do you think if more folks in the future spearfish with SCUBA Gear, will fish behavior and interaction change toward SCUBA divers?

Some folks wonder what I do under? I don't sling a camera and I don't care much for buddiies or techie gear. I like to act like an amateur Behaviorist. Most of common "Species ID", and photos (with ALL RESPECT) are mostly academic (to me). I really wanna know what the HELL was that critter REALLY doin' for the last 60 minutes?? That's what I dig!

I've hunted all my life, was an NRA instructor, and made our own Hawaiin Slings as kids, I'm well versed in Ortega and Causey, BUT today I'm a Daniel Quinn fan.

So how do y'all feel about the "influence" of spear hunters(ing) with SCUBA as it relates to your regular SCUBA activities???
This is not about ANY breath hold techniques at all.

The Soap-Box is now down for the season, Sorry, it's just been on my mind lately. Even a good friend who's an aquarium volunteer started shootin' Sheeps lately, HUH???
I'm all open ears and eyes, just PLEASE don't repond with the "Priceless foto-op Bullshit".

TIA, Don

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.