diver.net

Re: dive class recommendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich on May 29, 2008 at 19:38:15:

In Reply to: dive class recommendations posted by goldenbear01 on May 29, 2008 at 16:10:28:

I can't say enough good things about Hollywoodivers. I had classes cancelled on me twice through Sport Chalet and didn't really get a confident feeling talking to the employees in the store. Could have just been bad luck on who was working at the time I suppose. But I walked into Hollywoodivers and felt right at home. You'll know when you feel it. Their instructors, Jeanne and Nicki were both great. Very thorough and professional. I was OW Certified in October of last year, and went right back to get Advanced Certified. I like them so much I plan to go back for their Nitrox and Rescue classes. Their OW class if very quick, and I finished in two weekends. You do your studying at home on your time (5 hours reading for me). 1st weekend was Saturday classroom for only a few hours & Sunday pool for 1/2 day due to small class size. Second weekend they do all 5 dives over two days in Catalina. It does require an overnight stay in Avalon to be practical, but I found that to be half the fun. I even found a great deal on the hotel and the overall cost of my class in the end was $14 cheaper than Sport Chalet. You won't be disspointed. Their phone number is (323)969-9800. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to