diver.net

Re: Re: Re: dive class recommendations

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich on May 30, 2008 at 08:08:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: dive class recommendations posted by goldenbear01 on May 30, 2008 at 00:25:36:

They are right next to Universal Studios. It's pretty convenient from LA or the Valley. I would try their website for an exact address: www.hollywoodivers.com

As far as Sport Chalet goes, I actually like them in most ways. I sometimes rent my equipment from them. I purchased all my "lesser important" equipment from them, such as wetsuit, gloves, mask, snorkel, etc. For purchasing the important stuff like BCD, reg and dive computer I go to the independent stores like Hollywoodivers and Pacific Wilderness which seem to carry the more high-end equiment and brands. You won't find Atomic products at Sport Chalet for example, and I love the Atomic reg and fins I use. Most of the complaints I've read on this board is regarding their charters. I just did a Sport Chalet charter on the Lois Ann in San Diego and it was a great trip. I think the boat crew makes the trip, not the company that charters the boat. The Sport Chalet DM's on the trip that I've talked to were all great. I'm going on another Sport Chalet charter next weekend to Catalina. The "feel" I mentioned before was the personal interaction inside the store regarding my lessons. Every time I asked a technical question about the classes, I got the feeling I was talking to a guy that was working the women's shoe dept. 5 minutes earlier. The folks at Hollywood divers were not only the most friendly of any dive shop I visited, but they seemed to be the most knowledgeable and professional. Good luck which ever way you decide to go. See you out there in the big blue!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to