diver.net

Re: Hijack

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeff smith/marvin baker on June 16, 2008 at 12:41:34:

In Reply to: Hijack posted by Divebum Don on June 16, 2008 at 04:24:11:

the post by marvin baker above is me, i usually don't post under my own name on public boards, but in this case, i made an exception, all my experience, BUD/S class dates etc are there in the post from my real name "marvin baker" along with an authentication link. I forgot to add, that during the Gulf War, Eric "Thor" Olsen was my CO, he is now the top ranking SEAL, I think he just put on a 3rd star (Admiral)

I would like to now invite michael timm out to authenticate his claims made numerous times of being a "German SEAL" equivelant, and his claim to having 10,000 dives. For the record, I am in no way affiliated with the other dive shop mentioned in this thread owned by a jeff smith. I use the name because it is common. I understand being called out and encourage anyone to inquire about me. I originally wrote the dive shop "dive california" to inquire as to what military experience their divers had as they state it on their webpage, but was told "they could not give out that info in email or telephone" like they are some kind of secret squirrels or something. Personally, i recommend aqua tech, you get good airfills there for 5 bucks cheaper, when your tanks cool down (they don't get that hot there) you still have 3000 psi in them, this was not the case at dive california, usually cool tanks were guaged at about 2600-2700 psi, I simply stopped going there, but after inquiring about military service of their instructors and getting the BS reply i got, i knew that either there was no military experience (at least military diving exp) or that they were putting that on the website referring to michaels claims as to being a german navy trained diver (he has told many people he was a german frogman.) anyhow, rant off, hope i clarified my reason for posting. Marvin (Joe) Baker BUD/S class 158

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to