diver.net

Cabo Dive Report 6/17/08

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee on June 30, 2008 at 13:23:05:

Date: 6/17/08
Dive Location: Cabo San Lucas (Middle Wall & Pelican Rock)
Time: 11:44 am & 2:06 pm
Bottom Time: 45 min & 55 min
Max Depth: 90 & 78 fsw
Vis: 20-30 feet
Wave height: N/A Boat
Temp at depth: 61F
Surface Temp: 87F

For vacation this year, we decided to sign up for the Disney Cruise (3 Kids Yikes!!!) because they were offering a Mexican Rivera tour once again for the summer months. The last time we did this was 2 summers ago for the 50th Anniversary and we had such a nice time, we decided to do it again.

First dive stop was Cabo San Lucas. I have been here a few other times and look forward to it every time we go. The last time I was down in Cabo was in August which is their off season and I noticed that when we were there a couple of weeks ago that the boat traffic and amount of people out on the water was INSANE. Cabo is an excellent dive spot but with this many people out, I thought that it was a bit unsafe. I decided to go with Amigos Del Mar based on personal timing with family activities and recommendations. I thought that they did a great job overall. The DM Jim was very personable and knowledgeable.

The first dive was Middle Wall and the second dive was Pelican Rock. The first thing I noticed when I hit the water was that it was VERY COLD for Cabo standards. The last time I was down there was in August and the water was in the mid high 80’s and not the low 60’s like a couple of weeks ago. The vis was pretty good but then again, when you are use to So Cal vis, anything else is fantastic. My goal was to shoot new Nudi’s and also with luck, spot a Sea Horse. I did OK for the Nudi’s but I was told by Jim that this is too early in the season for Sea Horses. They apparently start showing up when the water gets warmer.

Below are a collection of shots from both dives:

Here is the entire gallery of pictures. I also have a cool Guitarfish video on the page too:
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/LLKZ16/Cabo%2061708/

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.