Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 8:48 pm.
Bottom Time: 59 Min
Max Depth: 88 fsw
Vis: 10-55 in Shallows 20-30 at Depth
Wave height: 1-2 Feet
Temp at depth: 55 F
Surface Temp: 69F

I know that I am going to sound like a broken record but JEEEZZ Vets is a great place to dive!! It might be a mud hole but it is an ever changing mud hole with different critters EVERY NIGHT.

Last night, I met up with Angelique. Dana, Mary and Neil were on hand too. The ocean looked calm as compared to last week. As Dana mentioned in her report, we seem to have a sand bar out in the shallows which makes for an interesting entry and exit depending on the surf. Last night is was almost a glide in and pop up exit because of the clam nature of the water.

We suited up and headed towards the middle stairs. As we were walking to the stairs we got to see Dana, Mary and Neil descend and watched till their lights disappeared.

As usual, we kicked out to the end of the pier and dropped into some OK vis. As we moved along, it opened up nicely. Once we made it out to about 88 fsw, we came upon a nice clump of kelp with tons of life on it. We were lucky to find a “Whole Lotta Maculata” out tonight. They seemed to be everywhere. Also, I would have to say that between what Dana and I saw, there must have been 8-10 Nudi species out last night. Ok macro photo people, get out there and start shooting!!!

Many of the other usual characters were out last night too like Fringeheads, Flat Fish, Crabs, Shrimp and many more.

Below are some pictures that came out OK. Sadly, many were not up to par to show you guys. Enjoy!

Triopha Maculata in Angelique’s Hand

Triopha Maculata Hanging

Triopha Maculata Eating

Octo

Grow Star Grow!!

This Is a Spewing Worm Of Some Kind

Yellow Snake Eel

TDA

Unknown Cumanotus Species

Blacksmith

Flabelina Trilineta

Follow Ups: