diver.net

Horrible conditions in Mendocino.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on July 27, 2008 at 21:48:33:

I went up to Mendocino this weekend with the wife.
Mendocino Bay was torn up as you can see.
The good thing is I didn’t have to get in the water and risk my life and I don’t have to clean my gear.
Another shot of the unbearable conditions:
There was no charm to the town as you can see in this photo of this run down shack:

Good thing we didn’t stay there!

In all seriousness:
Even though the water was a bit milky and I decided to pass on the diving this trip, We had a great time!
Mendocino is a treasure way up on the North Coast.
We stayed in a great little B&B called Whitegate Inn.
They have a separate old Victorian house called Abigail’s just down the street that is dog and kid friendly. They are right in the center of town within walking distance to everything.
The room was fantastic and at $168 night I didn’t think it was bad considering they have a wine and cheese social and 5:00 p.m. and a full breakfast included in the price. The room was full of charm with a feather bed and antiques.

While we were there, the Mendocino Music Festival was going on and although we didn’t go into the tent and officially attend the concerts, we could hear from outside the types of music being played. It was all great stuff from Brazilian jazz to classical to alternative.

Maybe the next time I’m up there I’ll be able to get in the water and the trip will really suck, eh?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to