diver.net

Scubapro pisses me off

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 23, 2008 at 11:44:52:

A few weeks back my tank fell over onto my G200B second stage and broke the outside bezel face plate that holds the purge button. I figure no big deal, I'll just go into my local LDS and get a new one. They told me that that model is no longer made and when they checked with Scubapro they didn't have anything that would work.
So then they tell me that since Scubapro had no more parts for it that they would consider upgrading me to the preceeding model which would be the 550. But then Scubapro said that unless I kept up with service on time every single year that the deal was off. There were a few years that I skipped because I wasn't diving much, so they denied the upgrade. Now I guess they have found something at Scubapro that will screw onto the main body of the old 200b but will look totally different. I don't care about that, I just want it to work.

Why would they care if I kept up on annual service. Wouldn't that just mean less money out of their pockets in the form of free parts. Me accidentally smashing the faceplate of the reg has nothing to do with weather or not the reg was serviced every year. I would even be willing to pay a pro rated price for the new reg but they said it's either all or nothing?.
BTW, a new 550S 2nd stage only is 298.00 No thanks.

Whatever

Maybe it's time to consider a different brand.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to