diver.net

Re: Re: Santa Clarita Sport Chalet Lobster Report Cards

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gonphishing on August 31, 2008 at 15:45:30:

In Reply to: Re: Santa Clarita Sport Chalet Lobster Report Cards posted by Sheller on August 31, 2008 at 15:06:11:

I disagree. this sounds like a good idea if you ask me. you would most likely cut the take of local lobster in half if not more by making commercial take illegal. most of the local lobster are not even sold in this country. let alone the state. as far as I know.

I know . what about the fishermen. and there families. its tough times out there. there are whole eco systems collapsing. acidifying oceans, huge dead spots, over fishing, it seems to me commercial fishing in certain areas are not sustainable. I'm a fisherman. and I can see both sides. but I think recreational take is a small drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing.

but I think the real problem is overpopulation. if we really wanted to correct many of the problems with our fisheries. them we might consider putting birth control in the water supply. or at least start educating people on sustainability on a global level. and how our choices in our daily lives can and do make a difference. we will have to start with the churches. then move to the education facility's.. LOL.. just kidding @ ... no hate mail please..

and for crying out loud. I support the local dive boats and shops before I would buy a card at the evil empire!!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to