diver.net

poseidon

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on August 31, 2008 at 21:52:29:

In Reply to: Atomic regulators posted by Eric S on August 31, 2008 at 14:57:09:

I'm really happy with my poseidon extreme regs, the dive or deep model.

Over the years, I had dacor regs, then scubapro mk10/g250s, then dive rite. All needed service after a year. I like my local dive shop a lot, but my regs have needed service on trips and stuff, and I decided I needed to service regs myself. That opened up poseidon as an option, they are not a great option if you want a reg that you can have serviced anywhere.

I'm delighted with my choice. After 3 years and many hundreds of dives, they still breath as they did the first day. I can strip the second stages with almost no tools. I recently stripped down all my regs, and found them all very clean and in great order. I rebuilt them with the same parts. Very few moving parts, there was little or no wear on the orings.

The 1st stage has almost no moving parts and the sealing mechanism is a ball bearing in a cone, great mechanism.

The 2nd stage is a servo. It can deliver a profound amount of air, rarely freeflows, and breaths well. It breaths with a bit of resistance, which I like, but then, I set it that way.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to