diver.net

Re: Re: Support your local dive shop???

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on September 05, 2008 at 17:51:59:

In Reply to: Re: Support your local dive shop??? posted by Rob on September 04, 2008 at 15:44:30:

I hear you but I still have a problem with how they dealt with this.
It could have been a lot simpler.

First off, they should have been a little sharper about dealing with scubapro. If scubapro didn't have the whole component available, the dive shop should have called me and asked me what I wanted to do before they said "ship whatever you have now".
I would have said forget it, I have have it handled. Instead there was silence. This particular shop is never busy. Every time I go in there there's one guy sitting around doing nothing but watching time go by. The excuse "they have lot's of other stuff to do besides worry about me" is a bunch of crap.
If one of my customers approaches me with something to small or something I don't want to get involved with, I am up front about it and tell them "Sorry, I'm not interested". This releases them to go and find another option (which saves them time) and I don't hang them out to dry then charge them with some stupid fee that will do nothing but piss them off.
I would rather have had the dive shop tell me "Sorry, Scubapro can't help you so therefore neither can we."
I would have been perfectly OK with that. At least I wouldn't have been hanging out to dry for 2 weeks with no answer then hit with a stupid little charge of $7.50 to get my reg back, for nothing.

No, this is BAD business as far as I'm concerned and I'm not going back.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to