diver.net

Dive online with your buddies or students

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I_AM on October 09, 2008 at 13:24:34:

Hi Guys,
just wanted to keep you updated on our latest developments. See below.

Best Regards,

I_AM

DIVENAV TO OFFER VIRTUAL BUDDY DIVING
Virtually explore real SCUBA dive sites with your buddies

TUSTIN, CA, October 9, 2008 - DiveNav is announcing today that it is planning to demonstrate the new "Virtual Buddy Diving" feature of its eDiving SCUBA diving simulator at the coming DEMA Show 2008.

"SCUBA diving is a social activity", said Alberto Mantovani, President and CEO of DiveNav, "and we are adding multiplayer capabilities to our product so we can offer to our users a more complete and realistic virtual diving experience", he added.

Using eDiving equipped with the new virtual buddy diving feature, buddy teams across the world could meet up and conduct together a virtual dive. While diving they could keep track of each others position within the dive site, monitor each others air supply, easily exchange pre-defined signals and communicate via the embedded chat box.

SCUBA Instructors could use virtual buddy diving to enhance their students' educational experience.

"By using this new buddy diving feature, I will be able to remotely conduct a guided virtual dive with my students" said Carlos Linares, a SCUBA diving Instructor and an early adopter of eDiving for educational purposes. "They would get an early exposure to the dive site while practicing dive planning, buddy awareness and air monitoring. The chat feature is great for pointing out things for their upcoming dive in real-time", he continued.

DiveNav is planning to demonstrate virtual buddy diving at the DEMA Show, booth number 4951, and to release a new version of eDiving with this new feature in the second part of Q4-2008.

##############################

About DiveNav
DiveNav Inc., headquartered in Tustin, Calif., is an innovative company developing leading-edge services and products that will enable the user friendly exploration of our oceans by the recreational and educational communities. DiveNav 's patent pending vDive technology is the engine powering its eDivingTM online service. For more information regarding DiveNav or eDivingTM, please email us at info@divenav.com or visit our websites at www.divenav.com or www.ediving.us.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to