Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 9:06 pm.
Bottom Time: 1 hr 3 min
Max Depth: 73 fsw
Vis: 15 – 20
Wave height: 1- 2 picking up to 3 as we left the beach
Temp at depth: 55F
Surface Temp: 65F

Well, after 8 weeks, a major injury and a CRAZY work schedule, I finally found time to get back into the swing of things by visiting out local mud hole known as Veterans Park. The wind was calm and the surf looked pretty tame. We geared up and made our way to the middle steps. Reports for the day before sounded promising so I was looking forward to some critter hunting.

We kicked out to the end of the pier and noticed along the way that there was a large amount of bioluminescence in the water. This stuff is WAY COOL! We dropped down to find excellent vis. It got better as we reached the slope of the canyon but as we reached around 70 fsw, it began to get a little worse.

There was soooo much out that it was almost impossible to keep focused on one object at a time. After we hit our max depth we began working our way south and then slightly up the slope checking for critters in the salad bowl. As we reached the area around the bathrooms at 40-30 fsw we came across some ropes and followed them into the shallows.

Overall, it was a stunning dive!

Below are pictures of some of the things we ran across:

Same guy from one shot to the next

I need ID Help Here!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full